Thailand is a country that is famous for many things and one of the most famous is it’s curries. Whether its red, green, yellow or massaman, there is no doubt of its deliciousness. Known for its spiciness and its ability to make you sweat, people who loves spicy thing will adore this dish. Now we all know there are a few key ingredients to make a proper Thai Curry, first and foremost is its paste which you can purchase here at chefsticks and second is the coconut milk. The coconut milk gives the curry its richness and the vibrant oil that you often see on top of curries. Now of course you can remove it, but it would lose the pop that Thai curries have.
Coconut Milk: One Can
Beef : 1 lb of cubed beef
Potato: 1/2 lb of Cubed Potato
Carrots: 3 sticks of cut carrots
One onion Diced
Lime to taste
1) Brown the beef on all side in a pan.
2) After the beef is browned, add the Coconut milk and simmer.
3) Skim the to fat of the coconut milk and add it in a hot pot.
4) Stir fry the Thai Curry mix till it is fragant.
5) Add the onion and stirfy till it is translucent.
6) Add the Potato and Carrots and stirfry it.
7) Add the simmer beef and coconut milk into the pot with the thai curry mix and simmer till the carrot and potato is done.
8) Salt and Pepper to taste, if the curry is not as strong as you like, you can always add more. The same goes for reverse.
Try this authentic curry at your home, this is especially good if you are looking for a different curry. The steps are almost the same for the different thai curries that we have. We highly recommend the Massaman Curry as well.